It’s a well-known fact: seams are the weakest point of a commercial roof and can lead to a multitude of problems. Fortunately, if you’re located in Raleigh or the Triangle area of North Carolina, you’re in luck. Ready Roofing installs seamless roofing systems and offers roof restoration via roof coatings that can transform your leaky, inefficient seamed roof into a seamless, energy efficient asset.
Contact us today at (919) 807-1361 to learn more about our seamless roofing options and find out how a seamless roof system can benefit your entire building.
Seamless Roofing Options With Ready Roofing
Seamless roofs go by many names: liquid-applied roof systems, monolithic roofs, fluid-applied roofs, roof coatings, etc. There are two main categories all seamless roofs fall into, though, and Ready Roofing provides both:
1) Spray polyurethane foam (SPF) roofs
Spray foam offers a great solution for flat or low-slope roofs that need to be re-covered. It is incredibly lightweight, so most roofs can handle the added burden of this new roof overlay. It can be applied to asphalt roofs, tar and gravel, metal, wood, and more.
2) Roof coatings
Roof coatings come in a variety of formulas, including acrylic and silicone. They are commonly applied to flat or low-slope commercial roofs to seal leaks and improve efficiency, creating a “cool roof.” Compatible substrates include asphalt, metal, spray foam, single ply (PVC, TPO, EPDM), and more.
If your existing roof is in stable condition with good structure, it may be a good candidate for a roof coating or SPF roof overlay. In some cases, we recommend both – a new SPF roof covering, reinforced with an elastomeric roof coating.
Benefits of SPF Roofing
Spray foam roofing combines two liquid chemicals inside a spray gun that extrudes them onto the roof as a foam that expands 30-60 times within seconds. The foam cures in about a minute and is usually topped with a reflective coating with embedded granules. SPF roofs offer a plethora of benefits that improve performance, efficiency, and functionality, due in large part to their seamless makeup:
- Boasts the highest insulation value of any roofing system: R-25 at 3½” thickness
- Expands during installation to mold around roof accessories like HVAC equipment, cooling towers, flashings, etc.
- Highly resistant to mildew and fungi, as well as general weathering
- No CFCs or harmful gasses during installation
- Reduces heating and cooling costs significantly
- Low maintenance (usually just annual cleaning and maintenance)
- 20+ year life expectancy
Benefits of Roof Coatings
Seamless roof coating systems beat out other more traditional roof systems for a variety of reasons:
- Ability to stretch and flex as weather and temperatures fluctuate, saving the building and the roof from damage
- 100% waterproof, even in standing water
- Highly resistant to decay and chalking
- Up to 85% reflectivity, for 30-50% savings in utility costs
- Very low maintenance (recommended annual inspection and cleaning)
- Estimated service life of 15-20 years, with the ability to re-coat every decade
North Carolina’s Seamless Roofing Experts
If you are interested in learning more about how seamless roofing can benefit you or would like to obtain a free, no-obligation quote, call Ready Roofing today at (919) 807-1361. We would be happy to schedule a time to visit your building on-site and perform a thorough inspection to see if seamless roofing is a good option for you.